Scheduling and First Visit with Dr. Hassid
The office of Bayou City Endodontics is open:
If you are experiencing acute pain, we make every effort to schedule your appointment the same day.
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation, where we discuss the following to fully educate our patients:
- The patient’s expectations and experiences with the tooth/teeth.
- The diagnosis of the tooth/teeth.
- The options for treatment and the cost and benefits of these options.
- Step by step description of the root canal treatment.
- Review of what to expect before, during, and after treatment.
Treatment is never initiated until these issues are fully reviewed and all the patient’s questions are answered. Often, treatment can be performed on the same day. If it cannot be performed on the day of the visit, we will make sure to address your pain and discomfort before you leave the office. We are dedicated to keeping our appointments on schedule and have an excellent record of seeing patients within minutes of their arrival; however, due to emergency and surgical treatments, some circumstances may lengthen the time allocated for a procedure. We appreciate your understanding. Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any X-rays, if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, bring the necessary information.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit. Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medication, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e. antibiotics, for pre-med.) We try our best to stay on schedule to minimize your waiting. Due to the fact that Dr. Hassid provides many types of dental services, various circumstances may lengthen the time allocated for a procedure. Emergency cases can also arise and cause delays. We appreciate your understanding and patience.